Oracle gives pre configured Virtual machines, which can be configured in there free Oracle virtual box visualization software. Oracle has packed development tools into Oracle Virtual box VM appliances that we can download, install and experience. Import the free downloaded files into Oracle virtual Box and get started.
Some of these VMs are designed to support Developer Day workshops, and have specific hands on labs embedded in them, but they’re available to all.) Be sure to install VirtualBox first.
These are the current available VM’s for download
- Database App Development VM
- Enterprise Java Development VM
- Oracle VM Manager & Server VMs
- Oracle Linux 6 Admin VM
- Solaris 11 Admin VM
- Oracle Tuxedo Web Application Server Demo VM
- Oracle Business Intelligence SampleAppV309
- SOA & BPM Development VM
- Enterprise PHP Development VM
See also: Oracle VM Templates for use with Oracle VM (production use and redistribution are OK)