Month: March 2014
How to execute Linux command or shell script from APACHE JMETER
Sometimes it is necessary for the load test to send a linux command to verify the content/file exists in the remote linux server. Every time it is not a fair idea to connect remote server by file server browsers like winscp ,putty etc… as it is a load test. In such situations JMETER offers a sampler called ‘SSH sampler’ . This sampler is introduced to communicate with the linux server over ssh shell . It will be definitely useful for both Functional and Performance Testers.
Apache Jmeter’s SSH Sampler:
Sampler which will connect to linux server and execute linux commands
Steps in detail:
1) Download SSH Sampler plugin from google’s website
2) Copy the jar to your local Apache Jmeter’s “lib/ext” folder.
3) Download “jsch-0.1.51.jar” and place it in your local Apache Jmeter’s “lib/” folder.
4) Open Jmeter-> ThreadGroup->Samplers-> SSH Command
5) Give hostname,username, password and the linux command to be executed
6) Run Jmeter
7) Capture results in ‘View Results Tree’
Here is the image for your reference: